What information we collect from you and how we collect it
We may collect the following data about you:
- Personal details, such as name and email address, that you provide to us by filling in forms on the site. This includes information you may have provided at the time of registering to use the site, subscribing to our services, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the site.
- If you contact us or make any comments on the site or post forum entries we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to and actions on the sites including, but not limited to traffic data, location data, weblogs, conversion data, behavioural data and other communication data.
- Data in respect of your transactions with our partners.
- Information about your device, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type.
How the information we collect from you is used
We use information collected from you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information on products or services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the site.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
- For fraud prevention and investigation purposes and to comply with regulations and legislation.
- For business intelligence purposes.
Where we store this information
All information you provide to us is stored on infrastructure that is exclusively owned by us or a member of our group or exclusively licensed to us or a member of our group and that uses state of the art techniques to restrict access from third parties.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password, which enables you to access certain parts of the site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure of your information to Third Parties
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If any company in our group or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- For business intelligence purposes.
Transfer of Personal Data outside the European Economic Area
The data that is collected from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Currently we have staff located in Ukraine, Russia, Venezuela, Montenegro, Argentina, and Mexico.
How long do we keep your data for?
We will not retain your personal information longer than necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed.
We understand that you trust us with your personal information and we are committed to ensuring you can manage the privacy and security of your personal information yourself.
With respect to the information relating to you that ends up in our possession, and recognising that it is your choice to provide us with your personally identifiable information, we commit to giving you the ability to do all of the following:
- You can verify the details you have submitted to us by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information.
- You can also contact us by the same method to change or correct your personal information controlled by us regarding your profile at any time. Please note however that, if you have shared any information with others through social media channels, that information may remain visible, even if your account is deleted.
- You can unsubscribe from receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email or by managing you profile directly on the site. Once you do this, you will no longer receive any emails from us.
- You can request a readable copy of the personal data we hold on you at any time. To do this, please contact us at email@example.com.
The site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these sites, please note that these sites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Last update: 1 May 2018